The Micro-Trak 400 is a frequency agile 2-meter transmitter combined with
a TinyTrak3 controller chip
that provides an easy and inexpensive way to build a small APRS tracker.
Just plug in a GPS receiver, such as
the Byonics GPS2,
add a SMA antenna, and start tracking!
The Micro-Trak 400 can be user configured to transmit on any amateur 2-meter frequency,
transmits 400 mW and is sold as a built and tested unit.
The PCB measures 1 inch X 4 inches.
- No need to tie up an expensive radio for APRS tracking
- No complicated radio cabling
- Simple 2 wire GPS connection
- Supports all the latest Byonics TinyTrak3 features.
Micro-Trak 400 - $120.
A male DB-9 connector is included, but not soldered to the board. The DB-9 connector can be wedged in to form a temporary connection during configuration (with a null modem gender changer) if desired. Antenna and GPS are not included.
- The Micro-Trak 400 operates on amateur radio frequencies, and requires a valid amateur radio license to use.
- The Micro-Trak 400 is a transmitter only, and may occasionally send very short packets coincidentally with other transmitters.