The Micro-Trak 300 is a 2-meter transmitter combined with
a TinyTrak3 controller chip
that provides an easy and inexpensive way to build a small APRS tracker.
Just plug in a GPS receiver, such as
the Byonics GPS2,
add a SMA antenna, and start tracking!
The Micro-Trak 300 is available on either the North American APRS frequency of 144.39 MHz,
transmits 300 mW and is sold as a built and tested unit.
The PCB measures 1 inch X 3.3 inches.
- No need to tie up an expensive radio for APRS tracking
- No complicated radio cabling
- Simple 2 wire GPS connection
- Supports all the latest Byonics TinyTrak3 features.
The MT-300 has been discontinued. However, we do still sell the transmitter module alone at the link below.
HX1-144.390 - $70.
The Radiometrix HX1-144.390 module used in the MT-300.
This new transmitter is tested by the manufacturer but Byonics does not warranty this replacement / repair part.
- The Micro-Trak 300 operates on amateur radio frequencies, and requires a valid amateur radio license to use.
- The Micro-Trak 300 is a transmitter only, and may ocassionally send very short packets coincidentally with other transmitters.