The Micro-Trak 8000 is a 2-meter FM transmitter combined with
a TinyTrak3 controller chip
and an 8W power amplifier that provides an easy way to build a small APRS tracker.
Just plug in a GPS receiver, such as
the Byonics GPS2,
add a SMA antenna, and start tracking!
The Micro-Trak 8000 is available on either the North American APRS frequency of 144.39 MHz,
or the European APRS frequency of 144.800 MHz,
transmits up to 8 watts, and is sold as a built and tested unit.
The Micro-Trak 8000 PCB measures 1 inch X 4.7 inches.
In order to connect to a standard automobile power system (between 12.8V and 14.4V DC), consider the
- No need to tie up an expensive radio for APRS tracking
- No complicated radio cabling
- Simple 2 wire GPS connection
- Supports all the latest Byonics TinyTrak3 features.
The Micro-Trak 8000 on 144.39 is discontinued. Please consider the MT-RTG NA as a replacement.
Micro-Trak 8000 EU - Built and Tested - 144.80 MHz - $150.
This built Micro-Trak 8000 on the European APRS frequency of 144.800 MHz includes everything except an antenna and a GPS.
A male DB-9 connector and a 9V battery cable are included, but not soldered to the board.
The DB-9 connector can be wedged in to form a temporary connection during configuration (with a null modem gender changer) if desired.
- The Micro-Trak 300 operates on amateur radio frequencies, and requires a valid amateur radio license to use.
- The Micro-Trak 300 is a transmitter only, and may ocassionally send very short packets coincidentally with other transmitters.