Micro-Trak 8000 FA
The Micro-Trak 8000 FA is a frequency agile 2-meter transmitter combined with
a TinyTrak3 controller chip,
and an 10W RF power amplifier that provides an easy way to build a small APRS tracker.
Just plug in a GPS receiver, such as
the Byonics GPS2,
add a SMA antenna, and start tracking!
The Micro-Trak 8000 FA can transmit from 144 MHz to 148 MHz, and power output is
easily adjustable from a few milliwatts to 10 watts.
The PCB measures 1 inch X 4.5 inches.
The MT-8000 FA is available pre-configured with your callsign and settings if desired for no additional charge.
To ordere pre-configured, just include your callsign, and other custom settings (SSID, frequency, etc) in the order notes, or a follow up email.
Default settings are those shown in the MT-8000 FA Config program (available below).
- No need to tie up an expensive radio for APRS tracking
- No complicated radio cabling
- Simple 2 wire GPS connection
- Supports all the latest Byonics TinyTrak3 features.
In order to connect to a standard automobile power system (between 12.8V and 14.4V DC), use the
The Micro-Trak 8000 FA is discontinued. Please consider the MT-RTG FA as a replacement.
- The Micro-Trak 8000 FA operates on amateur radio frequencies, and requires a valid amateur radio license to use.
- The Micro-Trak 8000 FA is a transmitter only, and may ocassionally send very short packets coincidentally with other transmitters.